Wednesday 21 October 2015

The Ultimate Shortcut to Heaven

I was on my way for Kayaking the past weekend when I came across few gentlemen(of all age groups) riding their bikes towards a Blood Donation camp, One kid probably missed and was desperately looking for someone to give him a lift, I stopped by and asked the young lad to hop on and dropped him at the camp.

It din't take me long to realize that the White shirt, Khadi trousers wearing people belonged to RSS or Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. 
"So how long since you are with the Shakha?", I asked out of curiosity.
" Around 8 months, he replied".. "My father asked me to join them", he replied in his innocent tone.
"That's nice, So what do you do at the Shakha's?', I asked him continuing the conversation.

"We meet at the local community center and they teach us Vyayam and Yoga and we sometimes volunteer for social causes" he said while being totally distracted during the conversation.

Finally we reached the camp and the kid got down, i asked the kid his name and he replied "Munna", i asked him for his real name and he replied "Basheer.. Sheikh", my jaws had dropped when i asked him "You are a Muslim?'(Something I've never asked anyone, coz it really never bothered or mattered). He was like "Haan", still distracted and eager to join his comrades, I told him i'll give him a chocolate if he answered my questions, he denied talking to a stranger and told me "I have to go, my Abbu is waiting" and ran away.

It took me few minutes to come out of the thought and I researched about it, Yes RSS is the world's largest voluntary organization(50 Lakh Volunteers) and Yes it had a Muslim Rashtriya Manch - a wing for muslims who lived on Nationalist Ideals. Considering the recent set of events ranging from Dadri lynching to Anti-Beef activists death to politicians condemning it or provoking it. I thought to myself, "What could go wrong with a 90 year old organization that fought against the British, Volunteered during 1962, 1965 and 1971 War, organized and rescued people during so many natural calamities". What could go wrong with people blaming the RSS so much so that it is compared to Taliban?. I even remember my grandfather telling me "Had there not been RSS in India, lot of Hindus and Sikh families would have never made it to India during Partition".

I remembered a conversation with a Muslim friend, a mentor and a dear friend after being 180 ml down. It seemed rational and from someone who was well educated,  was doing his Ph.d then.
"What has the government done for us?' he asked slightly typsy after his last glass.
"Yes, the quota system has ruined us", i said with my glass of Lime Mojito(My regular drink).
"No, for us Muslims, what has the government done for us?" he asked.
"Why are you talking like Owaisi's!! I think you should stop drinking now", i told him taking his glass away.
"No!! I have not had a single benefit of being in this country", he exclaimed with the alcohol levels rising in his blood.
"Tho meri kaunsi Aarti Utari hai P.M ne?, I've had the same benefits as you", i spoke.
"Isse acha tho mai Saudi ya Dubai hi chala jaata!!, at least Paisa and Zaat tho hothi", he exclaimed down with 240 ml now.
I dint truly understand what he was saying and he passed out, while i dropped him back home. I later learnt from him that some Maulana had come to his place to revive his faith and preached him on being Pious.

The two instances stated show 2 sides of the same coin, Are we 125 crore Democratic Republic Indians who have survived years of Foreign rule just to end up fighting each other over "Beef"??. Why should every speech on Hinduism or Islam start with "We are in Danger" or "Kayamat aane wali hai??", I might not know much about religions but I know Judgement day won't come because of God's fault or God's wrath but because of You and Me.
And I'm definitely sure God doesn't allow killers in Vaikunth, Swarg, Jannat or Heaven












1 comment:

  1. You are thinking in the right direction. I too remember my Dad mentioning about RSS. I respect RSS since then. I have been straight forward with everyone ever since. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete